484-995-7260 (US)
876-922-3103 (JA)
Contact Email
Request Consultation

13 Tips for International Students to Stay in Lawful Status in the USA

  1. If you change your address, telephone number, or major, etc, you need to immediately advise the international student office.
  2. As a student it is your responsibility to ensure that your information is accurate and that it is correctly captured by the international student office.
  3. Keep your passport or other travel document valid.
  4. If you lose your passport, report it immediately to the police so they can generate a report for you to use in the process of obtaining new a travel document or passport.
  5. Students, speak with your academic advisor regularly.
  6. Employment on campus is never guaranteed and so as soon as practicable, advise that you would like to be considered for on campus employment.
  7. As you successfully complete portions of your years of study, if you need to get a new student visa, you may well be asked to provide documents that you provided previously or initially.
  8. Where the international student has children and or a spouse, ensure that they too remain in lawful status.
  9. Remember that the SSN process requires that you personally attend the SSN government office so that the process can be completed.
  10. .
We are using cookies to give you the best experience. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in privacy settings.
AcceptPrivacy Settings