Scroll Top

Work Permits and Student Visas

For work permits for artists, deejays, singers, dancers, backup singers, bands, choirs, groups and many other entertainers, you need to submit good evidence of what you have been doing otherwise you may be denied. You have to prove that you have been working in your area, that you have got recognition for it and that you will be showcasing your work in the US. Remember it is illegal to work in the US without authorization. Don’t let bad advice prevent you from getting a work permit for your chosen field.

Students seeking student visas, start planning early. The process is long and many documents are needed. It is not just only about getting accepted by a school. You will need to provide financial information for the entire time you will be in the US, proof of the programme you are going to study and other information. Start the student visa process early, increase your chances of success and reduce your stress.

There are several categories that you can fall into if you want to get a green card by working in the USA. Are you a 1st preference immigrant worker ? This is for persons with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics, or if you are  an outstanding professor or researcher in your country, or you are a multinational manager or executive of a company that is going to sponsor you in the USA.

Another category is called the 2nd preference immigrant worker, where you are a member of a profession that requires an advanced degree, you could also have exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business, or  you are someone seeking a national interest waiver.

Another category is the 3rd preference immigrant worker, for persons who are skilled worker s. This means your job requires a minimum of 2 years training or work experience that you have before coming to the USA. You could also be  professional and so the job requires at least a U.S. bachelor’s degree or whatever is the foreign equivalent and you are a member of that specific profession. Persons who are unskilled workers whose jobs need less than 2 years training or work experience.

You can also get a Green Card by investing a specific sum of money into starting a US business. Certain kinds of religious workers may also be eligible for a green card. If you were abused as a child by your parents in the US, there is a category called special immigrant juvenile that might help you to get your green card. Victims of certain crimes and victims of human trafficking may also be eligible to get a green card. There is also a diversity lottery for green cards for citizens of certain specific countries.

Let's Chat Now